Saturday, June 19, 2010

The BIG Bartlett Beach TRIP! 2010

Wow! We got to go AGAIN! How blessed I feel to get to go to the BEAUTIFUL beach AND w/ my family!!! Granddaddy and Mimi surprised us at Christmas with the most beautiful beach house in North Topsail Island (north of Wilmington)! SO I have had it to look forward to since December. Remember the winter we had here in WNC! It was very, very SNOWY! So me and the girls have been dreaming about June for months!!

We had a great time. On Saturday, Jonathan and Beth road down with us. Chuck got to take his new baby to the beach and boy did we enjoy it!! He and JB drove it till lunch and then Beth and I took it the rest of the way! It was VERY FUN but VERY HOT RIDE!! We enjoyed the jeep so much at the beach. Chuck never complained of "running to the store" and I loved driving it in the sand! He even took the kids 4wheeling!

Our house was WONDERFUL! Here are some of the best parts!
*POOL*OCEAN FRONT*HUGE DECKS* HOSE FOR LUCIE AND ANNABELLE TO PLAY IN WITHIN EYESIGHT OF THE POOL* 4 SETS OF BUNK BED*FOOSBALL TABLE* *SEA KAYAK* LAWN CHAIRS* SUNSHINE* MOJITOS W/ CRANBERRIES ON TOP*DOLPHINS* WALKS ON THE BEACH*KICKBOXING IN THE LIVING ROOM*CRABBING* 4 WHEELING*SUNSETS*YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY FOOD*GUITAR PLAYING*CARDS*PHOTOS*HARDWOOD FLOORS*FLAT BEACH*COVERED PORCH IN THE RAIN*POPSICLES* BLENDER* LOTS OF BEDS*MY WHOLE FAMILY UNDER ONE ROOF!

Mimi and Grandaddy, Chuck, myself and the girls, Lorie and Kiah came in from Boone, Leslie came in from California (Uncle Paul had to work), Julie and her 3 kids (Uncle Seth had to work), Jonathan and Beth (both freshly graduated). My sweet friend Sandy came by to visit on Sunday and Aunt Teresa came on Thursday for a night! We had a great time and lots of fun and YUMMY food!!

We spent lots of time in the pool this year! I thought that it was a nice addition in December but WOW it was AWESOME! Lanie is now a SWIMMER!!! All the kids improved on their swimming skills!! We had lots of diving contests, cannon balls, water balloons fights (Chuck you did hurt me from the 3rd floor), water guns, and just plain FUN!!!

Jonathan and Beth dug their FAMOUS hole AGAIN this year! It keeps the kids BUSY and HAPPY for hours. They love to be in it and Lucie and Annabelle love to play in it and decorate it w/ shells!! We did get a few complaints from the turtle people. A lady knocked on our door at 1030 one night to tell us to fill in our hole or the turtle people would FINE us! Crazy huh!!!

Each evening was super special time for the Adults- we put the kids to bed (they were beat) and then it was time for a SPECIAL meal each night JUST FOR ALL OF US! We had yummy, yummy dishes! My favorites were.... shrimp and scallops, shrimp ceviche, crab cakes (2 times) crab dip, moms yummy spaghetti, fresh caught crabs, shrimp, Beth's yummy to die for brownies and SO MUCH MORE! Yes we ate like Kings and Queens! We also had lots of Foosball games. (Chuck and Jonathan brought the table UPSTAIRS- so we could play while the kids slept) we played cards, hung out and just had a great time together! I loved this special time w/ my siblings! We are blessed to be as close as we are! It amazes me how we are all pretty much still the same as we were when we were little. Just all a little wiser!!! :-)

The kids are SO fun to watch at the beach! They all adore each other. It is so fun to watch them in action! Amazes me how they all have their "roles." We have 3 first born who must take turns being the "leader." They enjoy each other so much! I must say Lucie and Annabelle are the most fun to watch. Maybe it is b/c they are the youngest and cutest. I felt like I was constantly taking photos of these 2 - mainly b/c i know they are growing so fast and I wish I had more photos of Caleb, Kiah, Adam and Lanie at the age of 3 and 4! I feel blessed that our kids get along. NOW don't get me wrong, they do fight and get in trouble with each other. BUT it is also nice that my sisters and I are on the same page when it comes to disciplining our kids. That makes it nice!!

I must say this trip was probably my most favorite. I don't know exactly why though. I think it is because I am getting older and I do cherish each and every minute with my little family and my big family. I feel incredibly blessed to know that God loves us, and that he sent his son to die on the cross for us. What an amazing blessing!!! I also cherish our time together more- especially since now with Boo on the West coast, and Lorie up in Boone, we don't get to spend that much time together!!! I realize that the little stuff doesn't really matter. I have chilled a little in my old age! I am not as uptight as I used to be at least I am striving for that MORE EACH DAY! I loving being with my family!!! We are a crazy group with lots of different personalities and features. I do have one thing, there is NEVER a dull moment when we are together!!!

So Mimi and Granddaddy, THANK YOU FOR AN AMAZING BEACH WEEK! I will remember this memory FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: