Monday, November 19, 2007

Lanie's Dance Recital







WOW! What an amazing, fun and SPECIAL night we had!! Lanie had her first DANCE RECITAL!!! Now let me tell you - I was quite nervous for her b/c she is the youngest and this was her first "class" of anything! We were getting ready and I was going to put her hair in a bun- I was quite excited and she quickly said- "Oh No Mommy- Mrs Pierce will put my hair in a bun." Quite shocked but I just loved to see how much she adored my sweet friend, Kim!!! Cousin Kiah was also in the class- Lanie adores her Kiah!!!

It was amazing for me to see how much she had IMPROVED over a months time ( I went to see her practice about 4 weeks prior to the recital) I was really impressed and you know me, cried most of the evening. Thinking "Wow Lord, that is my sweet baby girl out there dancing and following instructions" She was amazing, the class was amazing, it was filled with aobut 15 sweet little girls- "dancing" I was truly in heaven watching them. Their teacher is one of my most favorite people in the world. Kim Pierce, mom of 6 to whom she homeschools each! She has been a friend, and a mentor and THERE FOR ME while I was learning to be a mom. What a great example she is for me AND for all those little girls AND SHE IS AN AMAZING DANCER and TEACHER!!! Thanks Kim for all you did to make my Lanie feel like a princess for the evening!!!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I appreciate what Kim is doing with the girls' dance class even more after seeing all of the little dancers in the Asheville Christmas parade. All of that make-up and slutty costumes on little girls. Blah.........and I can't imagine how much those costumes cost!